Friday, April 30, 2010

Freckles


Dustin still hasn't been brave enough to catch the bus to school in the mornings but he has caught the bus home in the afternoon. His problem is not so much the bus but walking into his classroom on his own because he is so shy. At least until he warms up :)

I've been busy crocheting a blanket to throw over the back of the couch. Our couches are dark brown leather and our lounge is dark and dingy. We are planning on painting it and putting down a new floor, new plastering and even a new window and that will help to brighten it up but in the meantime I am making some furnishings to add some colour and comfort.

Karma has been helping me with the crocheting.


The potato harvesting has stopped due the the wet weather. They are hoping things will dry out enough to come back next week. We still have some harvesting of our own so we wont need to buy potatoes for a while. I might have to find some good potato recipes because we have a LOT!


I have found homes for all my chooks now. They are all going to friends. I have delivered a couple and might drop a few more off today. I am looking forward to getting new ones in Spring. It will be strange not having any hens. I haven't been without hens for about seven years!

No comments:

Post a Comment