Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Explained

Thanks to comments by Wendy and Jenny I now know that the names of the crocheting stitches are different in America than they are in Britian... like the spelling I suppose, they cant agree. I suspected it must be something to that effect so I am not surprised.


Officially, Australia follows Britian in these matters but I think a lot of us gravitate more towards America due to the many forms of media we are exposed to. I don't think it really matters as long as I have a translator and I expect I can Google something up or probably even find something like that on Ravelry.

Which reminds me of my unactive Ravelry account and that I probably should take a look over there and join some groups where I can get advice on my rather lacking crocheting skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment