Friday, June 25, 2010

Wednesday is art and craft day


I bought these particle board mirrors from Spotlight. They cost between $8.00 and $12.00. Dustin chose a bigger one so his cost more to make. We chose our own paint colours and came home and painted them.


Dustin chose 'marine blue'.


I chose 'egg shell'.


Ruby chose 'voilet'.


Doesn't matter how well the paint job is because most of the paint gets covered up so if you don't mind the mess they can enjoy doing it themselves.


We covered them with these.


We used some 'tacky' craft glue that dries clear and glued the buttons on. Easy and they were dry the next morning and ready for hanging up.



Dustin's is my favourite. He chose the blue buttons and they look great with the 'marine blue' paint he chose. I love how this turned out.



I hung this little one up in the bathroom for the kids so they have a mirror they can see in without having to climb up on something.


As much as I tried to convince Ruby that pink paint would look better with her pink buttons she insisted on purple paint for her background. Everything has to be pink and purple now.

These little mirrors were fun and easy to make and only cost about $25 to make. I think they will make good gifts for the kids to give friends and family members so expect to see more of these in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment