Sunday, August 1, 2010

August is a good month to be a vegetarian


For the month of August I am going to be a vegetarian! Dustin is a "vegetarian except for bacon and sausages" so since he is refusing to eat meat (only because he doesn't like it) I am going on a vegetarian diet for a month to discover some new recipes and ways of cooking without meat or anything from a dead animal.

I am also interested in monitoring how I feel, what I miss, any serious cravings I have or any kind of withdrawals I get from not eating meat. I know a month isn't very long but I think I will get an idea of whether my body does well without meat and whether it is something I can live without permanently.

I don't think I can be a vegetarian for ever because there is so much great food out there in the world I wouldn't want to miss out on, however it may be possible for me to become a 'part time' vegetarian. I'd like to be able to refrain from meat products unless it was farmed in a humane way or unless it was farmed by me. I think that is highly possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment